Friday, 21 December 2007

And Then He Was 3

Right, countdown time. It’s T minus several wotsits until Junior’s third birthday.

Wow. He’s three already. I can’t believe it. Well, that’s probably a daft thing to say, or type. As it feels like he’s been around all my life.

It will be 365 all-too-short days from last year’s extravaganza. A wonderful day of trains, Santa and sandwiches.

Tomorrow will be a day of trains, Santa, sandwiches and football! Must think of another activity to add next year, go-karting maybe? We're having a proper boys birthday.

He’s been in great form this week. There has been a lot going on. The nativity, nursery party, play-group party, all alongside the ever-more-interesting house build project.

I think we are ready. But as long as there’s cake tomorrow and a few presents he’ll be chuffed, as will I with him.

Be sure that Max will provide a full review of his birthday, and the cake, in the next few days, or sooner if anyone is prepared to give him their ear.

Then there’s just the not-so-small matter of a visit from that fat bloke in the red suit. I hope he thinks I’ve been a good boy. Share/Save/Bookmark


TwoIfBySea said...

Awww, it was my birthday on Tuesday (considerably older than 3 f'sure) and my two are 6 on the 29th.

Max, all the best folk are born in December you know!

Single Parent Dad said...

Very good. I hope you had a nice birthday and our best wishes for the 29th.

I think Max would agree, but the odd cracker does get born outside of December.

Anonymous said...


I have been reading your blog since you posted about it on mumsnet, but first comment.

Just HAD to say Happy 3rd Birthday Max !!

Hope you both have a fabulous day.

Single Parent Dad said...

Thanks Anon.

He had a great day, as did I.

He's been like a bottle of fizzy stuff for about 72 hours. And now he wants to know what time Father Christmas is coming tonight!

All hands to the pump for another few days.

Post a Comment