Sunday, 6 April 2008

Partied Out

And not even in a good way. Well, actually, that’s a lie.

When my child got invited to one of his nursery chum’s birthday party, I was delighted.

It’s all part of the plan for us to be part of the village life, which seems to revolve an awful lot around the school.

Being a party where a few from the village were invited, means that it’s a good opportunity for me to network, and further infiltrate the social circle.

Our répondez s'il vous plaît was duly sent, and I thought little more about it, apart from obviously what to get for the lad whose birthday it was.

Then in a moment of clarity, I realised that one of Max’s long standing friends has a birthday around the same time.

And, yes, you’ve guessed it, his party was today too.

After a minor panic attack when I thought I may have to choose between the two, I worked out we could quite plausibly make both. Bonus.

So after trawling a few toy shops over Easter we were well prepared today. I’d even asked what each child would like, or more specifically, what they were in-to.

Now my child is all party bagged out, both parties were very good affairs. The children all behaved wonderfully, which in itself is a miracle based on the way they are fed and revved up at these children’s play centres.

Which incidentally is the way to go if you want to avoid excessive effort, lingering guests and a mountain of tidying up.

I shall have to remember that for the future, that’s if I ever actually sort out when to celebrate my child’s birthday. Share/Save/Bookmark