Sunday, 22 June 2008

LIVID!

Well, I’ve calmed down a bit now, but I’m still very, very angry.

I’m angry because some scallywags have broken into our self-build project, and helped themselves to our shiny new boiler and a couple of top-notch showers.

These items were plumbed in, so the scumbag thieves went to great lengths to take them, I’m still flabbergasted.

Items like these should really be unsellable. The boiler has a serial number, and all oil fired systems should be commissioned and registered with OFTEC.

Add to that, NO ONE SHOULD EVER BUY STOLEN STUFF. But sadly people obviously do.

I got the call this morning from my brother-in-law electrician, who was over at site, ironically putting the finishing touches to the electrics, which would have allowed for the burglar alarm to be switched on.

It actually highlighted my inflexibility as a single parent. As I hadn’t seen the damage, I really didn’t want to risk subjecting my child to it.

I had visions of him getting a complex and not feeling safe enough to move in, I really don’t want that.

Luckily a friend was due over, to amongst other things, have a look at the house, so it gave me enough time to contact the police, my parents and the plumber.

The damage was relatively minor, one patio door will have to be replaced, and obviously what they took.

I need to do a full inventory, with all the people with stock on site, to count that cost tomorrow. I don’t really want to think too much about that right now.

The police were extremely efficient, and the forensic expert, who I must say, was the prettiest police officer I’ve ever met, did get a few prints from the things damaged and moved by society’s dross.

My only hope is that the inbreeding was such that these particular mongrels weren’t wise enough to not leave a trail.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Share/Save/Bookmark

8 comments:

TopChamp said...

I'm sorry to hear that... scumbags indeed. Hope they get their comeuppance.

Eddie 2-Sox said...

Cover up little ears, but, "WANKERS"!

Penelope said...

I don't know you nearly well enough yet to know if I can swear here! Trust me, the expletives coming out of my mouth right now are not suitable for a "Lady" (cough).
&*%$£*&£#@&*!!!!!!!!!!
I am disgusted that people do this sort of thing and SO sorry that you've now got to pick up the pieces!

Single Parent Dad said...

Topchamp - Me too

Eddie - Well said

Penelope - I was very close to using the 'C' word in my post. It is one of my favourites, and I did use it in front of the fuzz a few times yesterday!

Kori said...

What a bunch of creeps; any chance they were made of copper? Seems to be the big thing to steal and sell lately.

Single Parent Dad said...

Kori,I think they were filled with bad blood and mis-direction, or did you mean the boiler?

Creeps indeed.

Xbox4NappyRash said...

To Americanise, that sucks.

Gonna set you back much, timewise?

Single Parent Dad said...

Xbox. I hope not. If anything it might hurry us along, as I think I need to be living on site the minute any thing else valuable lands there.

Post a Comment