Friday, 15 August 2008

Me, And Him, Time

This weekend, and what has at least become an annual event for the last two years now, Max and I shall be parted.

He is off to the welsh coast for a break with all his grandparents.

Which means he shall be the lording it up for a few days and will have four incredibly loyal servants to dance for him.

I’m taking in a music festival, which I was sort-of tricked into going to last year.

One of my favourite bands from my youth was playing, and so my ever-so-lovely sister got me a ticket. And when I say got, I mean sold.

This year I like the look of the line-up more, and have been listening to more of the acts performing their stuff to get into the whole music vibe.

Anyway, this is all part of our general life plan.

Life, and time, without each other.

It’s healthy.

Well OK, it won’t be, as I’m sure to drink too much and eat rubbish for 72 hours. And for that matter, let’s see what the respective nannies and granddads let their little angel get away with.

But definitely healthy in terms of not being in each others’ pockets, all of the live-long-day.

Boy, I will miss the, errr, boy,

And I’m sure he’ll be sparing the odd thought for me.

However it’s time I’ve been looking forward to.

A chance to act completely differently and forget about my responsibilities.

Concentrating only on breathing, drinking, eating, listening and welly dancing, in no particular order.

I shall actually be joining him after the weekend, to enjoy what Wales has left to offer, and to resume parenting duties.

With an obvious priority of reversing whatever debauchery that has been permitted, well at least pretending to anyway.

That, and crabbing. Share/Save/Bookmark


Kori said...

Yay for you! As a fellow single parent, I firmly believe that we HAVE to get away from one another, even for the odd day here and there. Who CARES what they spoil him with, who cares how much you drink or what kind of shenanigans you get into (within reason, of course), you will have a time with other grownups being YOU, not daddy; he will have time to be Spolied Emporer, and you will both be the better for it.

Penelope said...

Despite my woe-is-me stuff yesterday I'm starting to look forward to a child free weekend too. There's a lot to be said for a little time out.
Have a FAB time - try not to hurt yourself, we're not as young as we used to be! Ha!
Don't envy your hangover ;o)

The Dotterel said...

And enjoy Wales when you get there - it has a lot to offer, including abundant rain!

Xbox4NappyRash said...

You absolutely need time apart, it's unhealthy to be in each others pockets 24/7.

You'll both be the better of it next week.

Eddie 2-Sox said...

Mate, I hope you had a ton of fun. Max is a lucky little boy to have a dad like you.

Remember mate, you KICK ASS as a dad. If you stop, I'll tell you (and would expect the same). How wonderful is the meeting again with him going to be!

Give him a high five from me and Sam.

swile67 said...

Trusting you had a rejuevenating weekend and treasure your time with your son once again!

Single Parent Dad said...

Phew. That was hard work. I'm rubbish at being young. Pain unbound. Had a muddy-good time though, and now looking forward to seeing my son - the way it should be.

Thanks for your comments.

And that is the last I shall say on this weekend. The rest is too incriminating.

TopChamp said...

I love crabbing - we went in Wales a couple of weeks ago (Anglesey). Without a kid I suppose I'm a bit old for it though (29!!).

Your son sounds very cool.

Single Parent Dad said...

Top Champ - Too old my ass, I'm, ahem, 31, and was in competition with my old man to see who could land the most. I smashed him 3-2. And we weren't very far from Anglesea.

Post a Comment