Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Special Dispensation

I am a bit inconsistent with my acceptance of different consideration because of my circumstances.

Generally however, if I feel it is warranted, and does not make me feel uncomfortable I will take any allowance with aplomb.

Today is one of those occasions.

I have an entry in a fortnightly contest, titled;

Best of British Mummy Bloggers Carnival.

It was brought to my attention by A Modern Mother. Who as one of the organisers and originators, said entries from British daddies were more than welcome too.

So you will find a link back to me here, as well as some links to other UK mummy parent bloggers.

I am no stickler for political, or title, correctness. Noting on this particular occasion Potty Mummy has referred to the contest as being the best of parents’ carnival.

It is nice to be included within this group, as I accept I am not actually a mother, even though I sometimes feel I am trying to fill the traditional role of one.

Funny, I wonder how many single moms think of themselves as filling an absent father’s role.

Anyway, pop over and have a look, and vote for your favourite (allegedly)

And if you have come the other way, a good place to start here is at my about me posts, one recently added. Share/Save/Bookmark


Shannon said...

I've been reading you for quite a while and I want to say that I truly admire you. Thank you for putting your lives out there!

Susanna (A Modern Mother) said...

You go daddy!

Penelope said...

Congrats! Very well deserved :o)

harassedmomsramblings said...

This is a very cool idea! I started reading earlier but got caught up at work *sigh*

I dont think moms (or dads) actively try fulfil the absent roles - its more subconcious and you do what you have to do to get it done - if that means painting nails for dad or learning rugby for mom then so be it :)

Mama Nabi said...

I'm not really sure about fulfilling the other role since I've had to do pretty much everything since the beginning... but all I know is that you're definitely one of the best British Mommy Bloggers I read. (Might be THE best since I don't think I read any other British Mommy Blogs... :-))

Single Parent Dad said...

Shannon - Thanks for commenting. And I'm glad you are reading our stuff.

Susanna - I will.

Penelope - Chink.

Harassedmom - Work? What is this you type of?

Mama Nabi - I'm glad I'm your best of British Bloggers, sad thing is by your very admission I'm also the worst!

Post a Comment