Tuesday, 6 January 2009

Best of the British Mummy Bloggers Carnival – First of 2009

And the first to be hosted by someone with dangly bits I do believe.


It is my great honour to be accepted amongst the British mommy blogging community, and even greater honour to be trusted with hosting the recent best of some of that community’s top talent.

So without much further ado, well there will be a bit, get stuck into what has been written in the last two weeks by these marvellous folk.

And please leave comment celebrating your favourite. A ‘winner’ will be announced at the end of the week.


1. A Modern Mother asks her household Who Wants To Go For A Walk on Boxing Day.


2. Dulwich Divorcee writes about who and where presents come from when there are two households in He Who Stuffs The Stocking


3. Expat Mum becomes A Wee Bit Stressful getting back home to The Windy City.


4. Potty Mummy gives us an insight and some tips in getting your kids to share a bedroom in Take Two Small Boys


5. Violet Posy talks about a novel way of keeping your dog from ruining your self sustaining projects Vegetable Gardening the Easy Way


6. Bush Mummy shares a rather beautiful and telling image in Waiting for Father Christmas


7. Little Mummy goes all Pareto’s Theory on us in Blogging 80/20


8. Jo Beaufoix scribes about the bizarre, and the bizarre way that kids see things in My Kid Focuses On The Important Stuff


9. Multitude breaks down Christmas 2008 in Post Christmas Analysis


10. That Girl talks about the great sorrow of getting rid of make up (I think) in Farewell Kitten

11. Samantha Smythe (the alter ego of Lucy Cavendish) lets us in on her delight in the school holidays finishing in It's All Over

12. Home Office Mom
takes us through her moods and foods over Christmas in Fridge Traffic

13. Single Parent Dad that would be me then, and I’ll share with you, again, how the death of a fish can be a wonderful opportunity, in Sensitive Sole

14. Blogthatmama writes about how strangefully blissful it feels to be back at her parents without her kids in All Is Calm, All Is Quiet

Look out for the next Carnival which will be held on the 20 January and will be hosted at Alpha Mummy.


Please email entries to alphamummy (at) timesonline (dot) co (dot) uk. Mark them with "carnival" in the subject line.
Share/Save/Bookmark

15 comments:

Susanna (A Modern Mother) said...

A favourite? How could one pick? Well, if you insist I think it would have to be Bush Mummy's adorable photo of waiting for Father Christmas. It really says it all. Single Parent Dad's Sensitive Sole also touched me.

Liz@Violet Posy said...

Thanks for hosting and including me in the carnival. I loved your 'Sensitive Sole' post, your little boy is just so sweet. Thankyou for sharing. I'm going to add a link to your site from mine, I've really enjoyed stopping by.

Cheers
Liz

dadshouse said...

Being from the US, when I read Mummy, I picture some dead guy wrapped in white strips... Oh, you mean Mommy! I'll get it someday.

Single Parent Dad said...

A Moder Mother - I love that too, but does it really beat a post about a farting underwater dog?

Violet Posy - Thanks and no worries. Glad you enjoyed your visit, and I liked your idea of a front garden vegetable patch. I will have to be in touch for tips on my potatoes!

Dadshouse - Is it always mom then, never mum in the Yu-sa?

Jo Beaufoix said...

Looking forward to actually reading these tomorrow. Thanks for hosting. :D

Potty Mummy said...

Thanks SPD. I see tv is off the menu for me for the next couple of nights!

Susanna (A Modern Mother) said...

The farting dogs have it!

Part Mummy Part Me said...

Home Office Mum gets my vote. Highly original, well written and funny. A description that would also suit your own blog, SPD.

Single Parent Dad said...

Jo Beaufoix - No worries, I'm sure you'll enjoy them all.

Potty Mummy - There's nothing off any cop on anyway, not since Heroes is on a break.

Susanna - They sure do!

Part Mummy Part Me - Nice one. And thanks for your kind words.

Home Office Mum said...

My vote must go to Single Parent Dad. Had me smiling and crying simultaneously.

Home Office Mum said...

And thanks Part Mummy Part Me!

Nunhead Mum of One said...

As Susanna said, how can you pick just one? Thank you for hosting and for introducing me to some blogs I've not read before. I have to say that Bush Mummy's post is fabulous....they say that pictures paint a thousand words don't they!

will be adding some new blogs to my blogroll, just see if I don't!

blogthatmama said...

Thank you for the hosting SPD, I'm trying to read them all but have had an unexpected avalanche of work, plus back in the cub/sport/taxi driving routine so I'll do my best, loved the ones I've read so far though.

Bush Mummy said...

Thank you very much for including my post.. they are all fab but I have to go with Samantha Smythe as I can SOOO relate to being relieved that the holidays are over, yet feeling just a teensy weensy bit guilty?

Thanks for hosting.

BM x

Coding Mamma (Tasha) said...

Difficult choice, but I think I'll have to go with your Sensitive Sole.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin