Wednesday, 18 February 2009

This Time, Racing For Chocolate

Yet more pre-bath fun.

The prize is still chocolate, this time in the form of Milky Bar Mini Eggs.

And my son's competitiveness is evident in abundance.

But we both end up winning in the end.



The Dotterel said...

The stakes are getting higher!

Laura said...

This is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

That giggling got me going to!! GREAT FUN!

And I have to say that accent gets me hey - I LOVE IT!

Momo Fali said...

I love your accent, and the fact that you called a false start!

Karen said...

That had to of been the sweetest thing I have ever seen!

Not a soccer mom said...

ahh cherish these times! Very sweet

Tismee2 said...

I'm having a real good snoop at your house with these videos! While Max is running wild I'm thinking 'what a lovely stained glass window' - 'how tidy Max's bedroom is' - 'nice toybox' etc etc. Not sure about the feet though!

mare ad mare said...

That's quite the laugh she's got going there! My youngest has a big belly laugh too - and she's so petite. Pretty cute.

Penelope said...

That boy has eyes like saucers! He is going to break a few hearts huh?
I'm resisting the urge to giggle at "roog" ;o)

Single Parent Dad said...

The Dotterel - They certainly are.

Laura - Thank you. Giggling is infectious.

Momo Fali - You have to with him, the little cheater.

Karen - I'm glad you think so.

Not a soccer mom - I know, won't be long before he won't entertain such nonsense.

Tismee - Oh, I am so glad you said that. Tis my own design.

Mare ad mare - You mean 'he' right?

Penelope - Men don't do that do they?

kel said...

So darn cute!

I'm a newbie, love your blog! Followed ya over from 3 Bedroom Bungalow.

Xbox4NappyRash said...

I adore that over excited cant control their hands or legs giddiness.


Canadian Bald Guy said...

That was awesome! Nothing brings joy to a parent more than the laughter of their child. Great video.

clairesmom said...

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the great shot of the pee on the potty immediately after. Awesome job!!!! You've done it! Your son pees on the Pot! yayyay. oh have to share: as i write, i can hear my daughter singing herself to sleep... " time to put the books away, books away, books away..." It's a precious time alright.

Homemom3 said...

this is just too cute. :) What a sweet little thing, "I won it for you."

Single Parent Dad said...

Kel - Thank you and you are very welcome over here, especially with nice comments like that.

Xbox - His laughing is brilliant.

Canadian Bald Guy - Very, very true.

Clairesmom - Peeing on the loo is not the problem, as you can see, it is his accuracy in the dark that's the issue, and that he wakes and ends up in my bed. But, well spotted.

Homemom3 - He is not always like that, glad I captured it!

Bee and Rose said...

He had me at the giggles and the sharing with you:) My goodness, Max is joy all wrapped up in a bundle of cuteness!

Susan said...

Wow, you have a happy boy. I loved watching him stand on the carpet getting ready to go and his fists all over with excitement. Your a super daddy.

Eddie 2-Sox said...

1. Penelope...."roooog" IS the proper pronunciation.

2. Dude, you have a star there. You two will go far. I was worried when Sam was 3 that he would soon grow out of it....well, two years on we're still having the same kind of fun, so you have at least two years to go!

Incidentally, can you email me at I have a proposal.....

Rosie Scribble said...

So cute. I'll have to give it a try. Chocolate could create world peace!

30something_mama said...

that looked so much fun! if only we had a video gadget imbedded in our vision, and donwloaded automatically to our laptops, we'd have more moments like that on tape!

carry on guys! enjoy !

The Grown Up Teenager said...

Thanks for the early morning smile. (Its 5:30 over here! Canada, eh?)

Are you sure you don't want to lend Max out for a bit? He's adorable and that laugh is infectious.

And like many others have said, your accent is charming. :)

Mama Nabi said...

Did I catch you saying "oy"? HAH! OMG, you actually ate HIS prize? tsk, tsk. Okay, it was sweet of him to win it for you... and I suppose, he doesn't need the extra sugar, he's already sweet. BUT. You ate it! :-) (I'd do the same, though... heehee.)

BTW, the review of the mini egg wasn't very good, was it?

Single Parent Dad said...

Bee and Rose - He sure is.

Susan - Thank you, and I do.

Eddie - Good news.

Rosie Scribble - An Easter egg for the Middle East, I never thought of that.

30somenthing_mama - Indeed. I was delighted to get it on camera, but we have so many more wonderful moments, that I hope I remember forever.

The Grown Up Teenager - Any time. You wouldn't be saying that when he ate you out of house and home.

Mama Nabi - I did, for fear of upsetting him. And what review, bit lost?

Mama Nabi said...

I clicked on the link you provided for the chocolate eggs - it didn't have very nice things to say about these eggs. :-) I am a chocoholic so I actually read every word on that review. I suspect you only provided the link for the photo.

Single Parent Dad said...

Mama Nabi - Duh. I had completely forgotten I'd done that. For what it is worth the review is a tad harsh. They do smell nice, and are basically Milky Bar chocolate squeezed into a crunchy shell.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ohhhhh that was just so cute. And your giggling made me howl You're such a kid. No wonder Max is such a happy boy. Doesn't it get you when they surprise you with something like that. He won it for you. Sighhh.

Post a Comment