Sunday, 12 April 2009

Christine Coppa's new book Rattled!

The delectable Christine Coppa, who writes the terribly glamourous Storked blog, for, eeerrrmm, Glamour (my wife’s favourite hand-bag sized glossy), has something very exciting happening this week.

Her book, Rattled!, is out.


In shops and everything.

Available for the lazy, like me, here.

This is a book about Christine’s journey into successful single parenting, after living a life into which unplanned children do not usually fit, and the surprising way that a life can become so rich after being so, so, scary. Inspiring for everyone, not just parents.

It is a hilarious, yet poignant, account of how a single girl who had everything, a great job at a top women's magazine, an apartment in New York City, must-have handbags, brunches with the girls, and even a cute guy, getting her life Rattled! by getting unexpectedly pregnant with said cute guy, who himself soon vanished.

Her work is getting glowing reviews, and Coppa herself is off on a whirlwind promo book signing and reading tour, and as I am the numb-nut that never got round to asking her some interview questions to post here, I am having to go for a bit of improv.

This is how I think it would have gone;

Wow, your own book published at 26, you must be very pleased?

I’m 28 don’t you know, but pleased none the less.

In a nutshell, what is it all about?

Usually the nuts, can we talk about my book?

Of course, is it good and that?

Seriously dude, you are an awesome interviewer.


So perhaps it was no bad thing, that we did not get round to sorting it out. For a real interview and feature, in The Times no less, have a look here.

I am very much looking forward to receiving my copy.

Very excited to read Christine's story and about the arrival and impact of JD.

Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

Susan said...

Very funny. You interview like me! The main thing, though, is the book sounds like an interesting read.

(There must be some kind of remedial course for us somewhere, right?)

Not a soccer mom said...

What a sweet and funny write up. I am happy that she is happy now. Trials make us stronger.
I would love to read her account. It is always interesting to hear others stories.

Karen said...

I am going to have to look for that. Love your interview :)

More than Just a Mother said...

Definitely sounds worth a read. Interviews would be so much more interesting if they always read like that...

Laura said...

I am intrigued... I am going to have to check that book out!

Momo Fali said...

That sounds like a great book. Life is full of surprises and I like to hear how other people deal with them.

Chrissy said...

Hello Singleparentdad readers! I hope you love my book. I loved writing it.

XOXO

Chrissy

MindyMom said...

I'll have to check out the book! I love hearing stories of other single moms who have persevered.

Thanks for sharing.

Single Parent Dad said...

Susan - We should be teaching the course!

Not a Soccer mom - I hope you do

Karen - Cheers. Happy hunting.

MTJAM - They would, but aren't most interviews made up anyway?

Laura - Enjoy it.

Momo Fali - It sure does, I'm sure Chrissy's account is a very entertaining one.

Chrissy - Mmmm, there she is, Chrissy, Chrissy, Chrissy. MWAH.

Mindy Mom - No worries, always happy to share the good stuff.

Post a Comment