Sunday, 21 November 2010

Films I really should have watched by now

As I get older, and grumpier, I find less and less on the television that I want to watch.

Perhaps I should give it up, and read more, but having rekindled my love for reading novels, I still habitually like to watch television in the evening, if only over the top of my notebook.

Thing is there is generally very little I want to watch on.

And now, I have even managed to run out of box sets and films I had queued up.

This year, or over the last 18 months, I have watched complete series of The Wire, The Sopranos, The Thick of It and Flight of the Conchords as well as the first few seasons of 24.

I have also watched Inglorious Bastards, after having it ‘in stock’ for about 10 months. And there are several other films, older ones, that I have heard people wax lyrical over, that I, for whatever reason, never got round to watching on the big screen. But have now on the little one.

They include: The Kite Runner, One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest, Blood Diamond, In The Loop, Damned United, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Happy-Go-Lucky, This Is England, The Wrestler, The Pursuit of Happyness and Deathproof.

And now, having been bereft of any movie material, I had a bit of a splurg on everyone’s best money sapping friend, Amazon.

Et voila.

I also bought a Smokey and The Bandit box set, and a copy of BMX Bandits, the latter to take part in a podcast on Lee and Dan’s Midnight Movie Club.

Good Will Hunting is another ‘classic’ I have yet to add to my pending library, as is Brokeback Mountain.

But what others am I possibly missing?

Answers on a postcard, or failing that, in the comments here.

(BTW, I can’t abide horror films)