Monday, 19 March 2012

The year of Get Up and Go

Well, it certainly is for me.

I’ve accepted an offer from Best Western to join their Get Up and Go blogging panel for 2012.


With so much happening in the UK this year, the Queen’s Jubilee, the Olympics and the Stone Roses re-forming to name three, Best Western are doing their best to motivate people to get up and go visit the wonderful and weird from all around our beautiful isles.

They have created a database of 2,600 UK events planned for 2012.

You can search for an event by where you want to go, when you want to go and even if you don’t care when and where it is, just for the type of event that suits you.

We personally have trips planned to:

Longleat and Bath.

Legoland and Windsor.

London.

And to disrupt all our intended locations starting with the letter L….

Edinburgh, probably to include a visit to see their borrowed giant pandas.

I shall be blogging about what we find, what we think of the hotels and will be trying to take some half-decent pictures and video footage of our outings.

Really looking forward to getting around the UK this year, hope I can inspire a few more of you to do the same.

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Helen Spencer said...

Also got tickets for both 'Ls' so look fwd to your verdicts!!

Actually Mummy said...

Oooh exciting. I have been dying to get my kids back to my home town and my uni city and I just never get round to travelling in the UK. Must try harder..

Post a Comment